Keytruda Pembrolizumab 100 mg Injection
Keytruda Pembrolizumab 100 is a medication used for the treatment of advanced melanoma, metastatic nonsquamous NSCLC, recurrent or metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (HNSCC), recurrent classical Hodgkin Lymphoma (cHL), locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma, solid tumours having the biomarkers MSI-H or dMMR, recurrent locally advanced or metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma, renal cell carcinoma, triple-negative breast cancer.
Note: Keytruda (pembrolizumab) is currently only available in 100mg form (100mg/4ml). There used to be a 50mg presentation but this has been discontinued as of March 15th, 2019.
Keytruda is the trade name for the drug Pembrolizumab. It is injected into a vein through an IV. Keytruda is a prescription oncology medicine that is given by a health care professional.
Keytruda 100 mg Injection Uses :
Keytruda (Pembrolizumab) is used for the treatment of :
- unresectable or metastatic melanoma.
• metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
• patients with recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC).
• adult and pediatric patients with refractory classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL), or those who have relapsed after three or more prior lines of therapy.
• primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma (PMBCL).
• certain types of stomach cancer and
• a certain type of cervical cancer.
Keytruda Pembrolizumab 100 mg Injection Work ?
In the body, there is a type of white blood cell that watches out for signs of infection or disease and can also assault cancer cells. These white blood cells are called T cells. On the surface of these T cells are certain proteins known as programmed cell death receptors (PD-1). So that T cells don’t destroy healthy cells, they use these surface proteins, or PD-1, to bind to and communicate with PD-L1 and PD-L2, proteins that permit cells to escape attack from the body’s immune system.
In other words, when the PD-1 protein on T cells comes in contact with PD-L1 and PD-L2 proteins, they are given the signal to allow that cell to live and spread. By blocking PD-1, Pembrolizumab increases the ability of your immune system to attack melanoma cells and tumors. This cancer medicine can release T cells so that it can penetrate melanoma anywhere in your body.
Keytruda 100 mg Injection Side – Effects :
This medicine may cause some serious, life-threatening side-effects. This does not mean that everyone who takes it will experience them. It depends on the medicine and how your body reacts. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine :
Common Side Effects : Cough ; Joint pain ; Feeling tired ; Loss of appetite ; Mild diarrhea or constipation ; Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep ; Changes in skin color etc.
Serious Side Effects : Chest pain or shortness of breath ; New or worsening cough ; Pale skin ; Easy bruising or bleeding ; Severe stomach pain ; Bloody or cloudy urine ; Swelling in the ankles or feet ; Rapid heartbeats ; Increased hunger or thirst ; Hoarseness ; Weight gain or weight loss ; Hair loss etc.
These are not all the possible side effects of Pembrolizumab 100mg Injection. If you notice any other side-effects, contact your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
Keytruda 100 mg Injection – Storage Details :
Many factors can damage your medication, including heat, air, light, and moisture. It’s important to keep in mind that where you store your medication can affect its potency and safety. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
- Store Pembrolizumab Injection in between 2°C to 8°C.
• Store in original carton in refrigerator (35 to 46 degrees F) until time of use.
• Protect it from light & moisture.
• Keep this anti-cancer drug in a safe place so that children & pets can not reach it.
• Keep your medicines separate from your spouse or other family members. This will make it less likely that you take the wrong ones by mistake.
• Discard Keytruda if it contains particulate matter, is cloudy, or discolored.
Contact us if you need more information about this product.
There are no reviews yet.